WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


And what about the weddings?


Ohhhh the weddings... my friends, it has been one busy, wonderful year with many, many weddings to share.  I loved them all. I have so many favorite images, such lovely couples, it's daunting to consider selecting from them, but I will, I will!  The editorial shoots are just so much easier to blog because the image selection has been done for me.

2012 has introduced me to the most fabulous brides, grooms and families, as have the past years.  For all the time-sucking evils of Facebook I am thankful that I get to keep in touch with many of them and see where their journey takes them, and even watch some of their families grow.  Amy and Jack's precious twins, Lindsay and John's adorable son, the Trivette's growing crew... I love it, love it, love it.  I'm now waiting for two new baby announcements this month.  Squee!  New families!

This year's wedding journey started on a pretty January day in Charlotte, NC, then moseyed on through Charlottesville, Richmond,  Henderson, NC, then up through Warrenton, VA.  Came back through central Virginia, across the Atlantic to a timeless magical town in a tiny 1400's hillside church in Switzerland, back to a beautiful farm in Virginia then down to the sunny fun Bahamas.  Richmond and Charlottesville round out the rest of this fantastic year then... 2013. Can you believe it?

2013 brings more wonderful weddings and travel which at the moment include Kiawah Island, SC, Washington, DC, Easthampton, NY, Montclair, NJ, Rehoboth Beach, DE, Warrenton, NC, to name a few, and one state I have yet to ever visit, Wisconsin.  Lake Geneva here we come!  And of course some Charlottesville and Richmond in the good old VA.  Love that place.  I can't wait to see what else develops.

Stay with me, the photos are indeed coming.  These couples and their celebrations are too amazing not to share.

(above, my bridefriend Davita as we ran to catch the fading light in the vineyard in Cressier, NE, Switzerland. I've been practicing running and shooting simultaneously... ha)

2 comments:

Dale Berman said...

Fabulous shot !!

canvas print said...

your photos here look so amazing. really well done.